- FCH Newsletter
- Family & Community Health
- Better Living for Texans
Walk Across Texas! Program helps people of all ages support one another to establish the habit of regular physical activity. This eight-week fitness and health program challenges participants to adopt a habit of regular exercise. Research indicates that a walking routine of this duration is more likely to lead to continued moderate exercise, which improves quality of life and reduces the risk of chronic disease (including type 2 diabetes). This program yields public value in the forms of reduced public health care costs and a healthier, more productive workforce.
SPECIAL POINTS OF INTEREST
- 8-week walking program for teams of eight people or school classes.
- Teams have a friendly competition to see who can log the most miles walking, jogging, or biking. You can even dance, do aerobics, or ride a stationary bike?
- The team that walks the farthest “across Texas” will win, but everyone who participates will take home a healthy habit walking for fitness?
- Walk Across Texas Kick-Off Event
- Week 5 Update
- Week 5 Fruit Dip recipe
- Week 5 Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup Recipe