All documents require Acrobat Reader to view them. Click HERE to download and install the FREE reader.
- Avoiding Calving Problems
- Beef Carcass Diagram
Diagram shows the main cuts of meat that comes from a beef carcass.
- Cattle Production Comments
General comments by Larry Nickel, Fayette County Extension Agent.
- Common Cattle Parasites
- Factors and Feeds for Supplementing Beef Cows
- Managing Cattle During a Drought
Suggestions for feeding and managing cattle during a drought situation.
- Mineral Supplementation of Beef Cows in Texas
- Nitrate and Prussic Poisoning
- Nitrates and Prusic Acid in Forages
- Standards for Beef Cattle Selection
Minimum standards to consider in beef cattle selection criteria.
- Supplementing Beef Cows
Suggestions on how and when to provide supplemental feed to cattle.
- Texas Bovine Trichomoniasis Control Program
- Type and Breed Characteristics and Uses
- Vesicular Stomatitis (VS): What is it and Why Sho
According to the Animal Plant and Health Inspection Service (APHIS) of the USDA, vesicular stomatitis (VS) is a viral disease that primarily affects cattle, horses, and swine, and occasionally sheep and goats.